Mark Trammell Ministries

Information and news from Mark Trammell Ministries

Monday, April 19, 2010

Walter Bohannon promoted to Glory

It is with a broken heart that we announce the passing of our driver, Walter Bohannon.  He and his wife Betty were on the way to pick up the bus to take it for maintenance work when they stopped to put fuel in their car.  Betty states "We were waiting in line to get fuel.  Walter had put the car in park and I heard him take a funny sounding breath.  When I looked toward him, his head was laid back on the head rest and I knew he was gone."

Walter and Betty had a quartet of their own for many years in the Gadsden, Alabama area.  Walter was the bass singer.  He LOVED this music as much as anyone could.

The quartet arrived home at 4:00 am this morning from Arkansas and Walter was his normal jovial self.  It just reminds all of us that no man knows when his time here is over and that we should always be ready to meet God.  Walter was a milk man for 41 years before retiring to a "simpler life" of driving the bus. But driving the bus was the least of his attributes.  He was a great mentor to the young men around him as well as a wonderful friend to literally thousands of fans across the world.

Walters favorite song of recent years was on the new quartet recording.  Its ironic that the first verse says "Some day this stammering tongue will falter no more.  And a grander sweeter song I shall sing.  For I'll join the ransomed choir on heavens bright shore, forever to praise the King.   God must have needed a bass singing, bus driving milk man in heaven today.   Walter will be greatly missed..........as Mark says "They just don't make Men of that caliber anymore"

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Precious Friends. You known how much I share in your loss and so heavy is the heart. Begining almost 43 years ago, Walter Bohannon became one of the greatest male influences in my life. He has always been one of my greatest fans and supporters. "Come Spring" will have a new meaning from now on. But I rejoice in knowing that a day will come that he and I will stand on Heaven's stage and I will sing it for him again.
I love you all so much.
Dr. Eddy

April 19, 2010 at 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Ken Helms said...

Dear Betty and family and the Mark Trammell Quartet family,
My prayers are with each of you during the loss of a great man. I have grown to love Walter during the past several years that I have known him. He truly loved gospel music and the work he did to help the group while on the road each week. He will be greatly missed and his smile will be remembered by all that visited the product table. I was saddened today to hear of his homegoing, but there is no doubt that he has already found his place in the Heavenly choir. I will not be able to attend the services on Friday, but I will be in prayer for you that God will wrap his loving arms of comfort around you during the coming days ahead.
God be with you and I love you all,
Ken Helms
Pensacola, Florida

April 21, 2010 at 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to thank Mark and the group for all the love and honor that you gave to my daddy and mother in his life and his send off to glory. The time he spent with you was the most joyfull I have seen him. It is almost as if it was a training time for the true joy that was just ahead. I say this because daddy had change.It was a change that made him closer to God than he had ever been! Daddy was the joy of the Lord! He had reached a place with God all of us should work to reach,the best way i can put it is he and God became best friends. He had a peace about him that only God can give. My daddy was my best man, everything he taught me he did with actions not words!He is the best example of God any son could have. Our relationship was one not just of father and son but he was my best friend! It was just too soon there was so much more I wanted to talk to him about and laugh with him about(if you knew daddy at all you know how much fun he was).I see so much of him in my daughter(Katie)they were so close. The is daddy made every person he met feel like they were the most important person in the world. Missing him keeps me working to be closer to GOD and striving for the mark he set. I will see him again, wow he gave me another reason to thank Jesus and GOD. I love my daddy and thanks to Jesus we have great times ahead!
Thank you
Jeffrey Walter Bohannon

June 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Trammell,

I am Pat Matthews from Kansas. You played at the Fairlawn Nazarene Church in Sept of 2009. I was the fellow with the Orange Harley Davidson you looked at outside the church that Saturday night. It was then I had the pleasure my wife and I to meet Walter. We talked for hours and he set me up with Elmus Washburn to buy his RV. Walter and I continued to keep in touch by phone when he came back home and on the road, always calling me back. I was shocked when I was looking up his # (which I had lost) and saw his Obit. My heart was cracked to see he had passed. When we ended our conversations he would always say "love you guys" meaning my wife and myself. I called and talked to Betty and told her of how sorry to hear my friend was gone. But, he stepped from life to heaven in one step. I will miss our calls and Walter telling me of his travels with your group. He was a stand up fellow. Betty ask if I would call from time to time and I said for sure. I hope one day you can come back to the Fairlawn Nazarene Church in Ks. I will always have Walter in our prayers and his family and your group.

Pat Matthews
Topeka, KS

June 21, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments to Mark Trammell Ministries blog site. Comments are moderated; please give at least 24 hours for your comment to show.

God bless in your walk with HIM,
MTQ

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home